Engine is the heart of a car. Nowadays, people customize their cars according to their needs and choices. Like any other automobile, car can also suffer breakdowns. Engine breakdown is the most devastating situation for a car owner. If a car’s engine breaks down, people usually think about buying a new car rather than replacing the engine.
People change JDM engines for many reasons like old one is not running properly, or the existing engine is demanding too much of repair work or just to upgrade their car. Replacing an engine in the car is not a cheap affair. Here are some of the engine models that can be helpful for you while buying car engines:-
- Straight engines –
Straight engines are also known as inline JDM engines. The name of the engine is referred to the alignment of the cylinders installed, they are aligned in a straight path. This is the most common type of engine installed in cars and they are light weighted.
- V type engines –
The major difference between the V type engines and the straight engines are the alignment of the cylinders installed. Where in a straight engine the cylinders are placed in a row, V type engine cylinders are placed in 90 degrees to one another.
- Boxer engines –
The boxer engine is also known as the flat engine. The cylinders are arranged in a boxer style and the pistons are placed in different horizontal axis.
It is recommended to take advice from an expert before you choose an engine for your car.
A new car gives out the smoothest road ride. However, as years pass by, the car faces wear and tear most especially if the car is used frequently. There are car parts that won’t work the way they used to, particularly the suspension. When this happens, it is necessary to have the car suspension parts checked to prevent future problems and further hassles.
How will you know if your car suspension parts are not in top shape? Your car will give you the signs, and some of the prominent ones would be the following:
• Rough ride: When you feel that your ride suddenly becomes “too bumpy,” there must be a problem in your car suspension. Once your suspension parts become torn, the car often bounces which makes a very rough and uncomfortable ride.
• Nose-dive: When you apply the brakes, your car reels forward with its nose first, commonly known as nose-dive. A poor car suspension affects how your car stops, and in fact, increases the stop time up to about 20%.
• Unstable: You cannot make a turn in a swift manner because the car’s unstable condition is not letting you do it. The unstable condition of the car due to bad suspension can also affect the tires. Because the suspension is not holding the car properly, it puts hard pressures to the tires which results to worn out treads and bald parts.
• Oil drips: If the shocks look too oily, that can be due to a leaking fluid caused by a damaged suspension.
Wheel alignment is a very important step in every car checkup. The wheels and the tires are an important part of the car and the safety level depends on them. Moreover, the pressure within the tires affects the entire system and if it isn’t adjusted from time to time the consequences will start to appear. The tires will deteriorate and you will have to change them more often, the suspensions will break down as well and the direction won’t be that accurate as before.
Therefore, if you want to prolong the life of many car parts and you want to avoid accidents, you should take your car on regular basis to wheel alignment services. There are two important methods, the traditional one and the laser wheel alignment. But why you should choose the laser method over the traditional one?
- It is more accurate
The laser is the best and most accurate method and it will calculate the pressure for every tire without any error.
- It is faster
The traditional method needs a little bit more time for an accurate alignment. However, the laser alignment is done at a blink of an eye and your car will be always safe and secure.
- High technology for high performances
If we are talking about tires made with the latest technologies, modern materials and high tech systems, the alignment has to be done in the same manner. The laser alignment will offer everything that the wheels need and you will never be as satisfied as with this technology.